Semperis Active Directory
Essential Protection for Active Directory
When a hacker, rogue administrator, or operational error take down Active Directory, a full forest recovery can take days or even weeks. And in the case of ransomware or a wiper attack, the malware can be reintroduced in the process. But with Semperis Active Directory Forest Recovery (ADFR), you can get your business back in business in less than an hour.
Automate the entire
forest recovery process
Recover to any server –
virtual or physical,
on-premises or in the cloud
Active Directory backup and recovery you can count on
Restore with Confidence
Full forest recovery is no easy task. The Active Directory experts at Semperis have taken the challenge head-on and built a robust solution that includes:
- Anywhere Recovery: recover to the same or different servers
- Clean Restore: eliminate reintroduction of malware
- Advanced Automation: orchestrate every aspect of forest recovery, such as cleaning up metadata, rebuilding the Global Catalog, and restructuring site topology
- Self Learning: analyze past backup sets to determine the best way to recover the environment
- Persistent Recovery: adjust to environmental instability during the restore process
- Full Oversight: maintain visibility and control of the restore process
- Easy DR Testing: streamline testing and compliance
- Comprehensive Backup Validation: verify each backup set to ensure recoverability
- Active Directory Independence: recover even if Active Directory is completely down
With malware running rampant, the threat of a complete Active Directory outage is greater than ever.
The Untold Story of NotPetya,
the Most Devastating Cyberattack in History
With Semperis ADFR, you can recover quickly and confidently from even the most catastrophic Active Directory disaster.
“In the ransomware era, one of the most often overlooked considerations is backup and recovery of Active Directory. This represents a significant risk. I believe Semperis has a superior solution to this problem.”
Chief Architect, Cyber Security
How can Semperis help me?
Schema extension gone wrong
A schema extension corrupts the forest, and Active Directory is no longer responding to requests. The extension is irreversible, so the forest must be restored from backup.
Forest upgrade gone awry
An upgrade to forest functional level causes unexpected results, and the forest must be returned to its previous state. The upgrade is irreversible, so the forest must be restored from backup.
An errant script deletes a large number of sites and subnets, and you need to authoritatively restore the configuration partition from backup.
A rogue administrator removes read permissions on the root level of the domain, and Active Directory is unresponsive. You need to recover a partition or the entire forest.
Malware encrypts or wipes all of your domain controllers. Active Directory no longer exists in your environment and must be restored from backup.
A hacker gains access to your network, and the extent of the damage is unknown. As part of a comprehensive response that includes resetting passwords, all domain controllers must be restored from backup to eliminate rootkits and other malware.
An individual site is taken out by a fire, flood, power outage, or other disaster, and recovery from backup is the fastest way to restore its domain controllers.
You can also use Semperis ADFR to spin up a copy of production domain controllers in the lab, significantly reducing the time required to set up and maintain dev/test, staging, training, and support environments.