Autonomous Detection and Response
Defenders must anticipate their adversaries’ advances and be able to thwart attacks at every stage of the cyber kill chain.
The ability to defend AD before, during, and after an attack is critical to ensuring security, thwarting attacks such as ransomware, and empowering your organization to confidently pursue its mission. A proactive security approach that includes autonomous AD threat detection and response will dramatically improve your stance and help you avoid becoming just another statistic in the cybersecurity apocalypse.
- Between 2017 and 2020 incidents of ransomware attacks have grown more than 60%
- Semperis Directory Services Protector (DSP) was named a winner in the Incident Response category of the 2021 Fortress Cyber Security Awards
- Ransomware-as-a-service groups favor Windows/AD vulnerabilities
- More than 90% of organizations still rely on on-prem AD (95% of the Fortune 1000)
The pace of cyber-attacks is relentless and accelerating daily. In fact, the number of attacks has grown by more than 60% between 2017 and 2020. Vigilance is the key but the sophistication of attacks, their ability to skirt detection, and their sheer volume makes it incredibly difficult to stay ahead of attackers.
Active Directory is a soft, and very attractive, target for attackers and the common denominator across virtually every high-profile attack (and the millions more we never hear about). AD was not built to stand up against today’s threats. In fact, you should assume that attackers are already lurking inside your network and just waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Defenders must anticipate their adversaries’ advances and be able to thwart attacks at every stage of the cyber kill chain.
“2021 is rapidly becoming the toughest year for cyber security professionals and as our reliance on networks continues to accelerate, our identities and data have quickly become global currency, so security is more important than ever. As our society continues to evolve and become more reliant on networks and data, companies like Semperis are critical at providing the protection and trust consumers demand.”
Maria Jimenez | Chief Nominations Officer
Business Intelligence Group
Autonomous detection of and response to attacks that target AD
An autonomous threat detection and response program will:
- Continuously monitor for indicators of exposure (IOEs), indicators of compromise (IOCs), and configuration drift within AD.
- Minimize the attack surface by discovering AD vulnerabilities and risky configurations and changes before attackers do.
- Detect advanced attacks by shining a spotlight on attackers moving laterally through your network – even those advanced attacks that bypass traditional detection methods.
- Automate remediation with autonomous and instant rollback of suspicious modifications, configurations, or changes in AD.
- Accelerate incident response to speed up forensic analysis and get to the source of attacks.
- Expand the sight of your SIEM by augmenting log-based analysis with views into the AD replication stream where attackers prefer to hide.
- Provide powerful reporting mapped to your security/regulatory framework of choice.
“Great product for peace of mind when protecting your Active Directory.”
—Microsoft Systems Engineer, Infrastructure & Operations, $500M+ Services Company
See the full review on Gartner Peer Insights