Identity-Centric Healthcare Security:
About this webinar
Recorded September 10 2020 | 60 mins
While COVID-19 is disrupting many aspects of daily life, it’s not slowing down the proliferation of cyberattacks targeting healthcare organizations, both large and small. This webinar will cover the cybersecurity challenges unique to the healthcare industry and how COVID-19 has raised the stakes. We’ll also share real-world stories from authorities in the field and provide strategies that you can implement to be resilient during these turbulent times.
Most of us are familiar with Zero Trust Architecture, but how do we implement this strategy seamlessly within platforms that contain highly sensitive data such as electronic medical records (EMR) and other protected health information (PHI)? It begins with acknowledging “identity as the perimeter” and establishing an identity-centric security strategy. The NIST Cybersecurity Framework is an excellent structure for building this strategy.
Core topics include:
- Why medical devices are a highly targeted attack vector
- How to work with multiple identity systems in your environment
- What role do Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) play in this space
- Where does compliancy fall in the spectrum (PHI, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework