Semperis uses various types of cookies which help us operate our website and marketing campaigns.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files sent by a web server to your web browser when you access a website. Different types of cookies are used for different purposes, such as to:
- Collect statistical information about your use of a website
- Remember your actions and preferences on the website over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site
- Support security features, and detect and prevent malicious activity
- Collect behavioral information about your surfing on other websites which then helps advertisers deliver ads that are more relevant to you
Cookies are classified into two major categories: session cookies and persistent cookies. We use persistent cookies, which remain on your computer after you leave the website. It remains available for retrieval by the web server when you return to visit the website.
Cookies are further classified into first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are those sent to your browser by the server of the very website you are visiting. Third-party cookies are those sent to your browser by servers other than of the website you are visiting (e.g., the server of an advertising network to which the website you are visiting is subscribed).
We use first-party cookies for analytics purposes, such as collecting information pertaining to your activities on our website, including your session durations, the content you accessed and your interactions with respect to such content, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the device from which you accessed our websites, the browser you used, its version and language (i.e. locale) preferences, and the approximate city from which you accessed the website.
We also use first-party cookies to customize your experience on the website.
We use third-party cookies for marketing and advertisement purposes, in order to deliver to you more relevant ads for our products and services as you surf the web (this is known as “retargeting”).
How to control cookies
If you wish to block cookies, you may do so through your browser’s settings. You can delete cookies that are already on your computer, and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed thereafter, by referring to the browser’s help menu for further information. Some of the third-party cookies services listed below provide different options for opting-out of their cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may adversely affect your user experience on the Website and that certain features may not be available to you.
See more details about:
- The types of cookies used by LinkedIn on third-party sites such as our website.
- The types of cookies used by Google and its partners and how they use them. You can also read more about and how Google uses advertising cookies.